Drimnin – Tobermory Water Taxi
Looking to visit Drimnin and the Nc’nean distillery, or fancy a day trip to Tobermory? We run a water taxi.
Choose your departure location:
Our water taxi runs return trips departing from both Tobermory and Drimnin, with the crossing taking approximately 45 minutes -1 hour depending on the tides. Leaving from Tobermory, we typically will pass along the coastline of Calve Island and through the Dorlinn narrows, before crossing the Sound of Mull to Drimnin. We then return to Tobermory with guests coming aboard from Drimnin. Our crew will be on the lookout for birds, cetceans and seals along the way and happily answer any questions you may have. With enough time to explore your destination before your return journey, its the perfect day trip.
A visit to Drimnin
To book a combined distillery and water taxi ticket please book with NcNean Distillery.
The NcNean Distillery offer a 2 hour distillery tour and with a fully licenced bar you are welcome to enjoy a drink after you tour, or why not visit the Haymans gallery? With ample walks around the estate, there is a wealth of wildlife spotting opportunities and magnificent views across Morven and the Sound of Mull. Remember to pack your binoculars and bring a packed lunch as there are no dining options in Drimnin.
A visit to Tobermory
We arrive into the heart of Tobermory with plenty to see and do just a few meters away. There are lots of lovely shops selling locally produced items and both Tobermory Distillery and Isle of Mull Spirit at Sgriob-ruadh Cheese Farm offer tours (booking recommended). A must for families is a visit to the Mull Aquarium, or pop into the Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust visitor centre and Mull Museum, all of which are situated on the sea front. Tobermory has a wealth of dining options for a spot of lunch, or why not take a walk to the lighthouse? Our crew are always happy to help or provide recommendations. Further information can be found at visitmullandiona.co.uk
Dates and times of departure vary due tides – please click your departure route to select your tickets and see our scheduled times for the month ahead. Tickets are sold as return journeys only.
Tours are weather dependant and subject to change at short notice. Please see our full terms and conditions for further information. Please note if there are no advanced bookings the water taxi will not run.
Kindly supported by the Shoreward Trust, Drimnin Sealink Limited and Nc Nean Distillery.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your departure time, as the tour leaves promptly. If you miss your scheduled departure you will not be eligible for a later booking or refund.
- Our vessel is opened sided with a canopy roof. Tobermory Bay Tours cannot be held responsible for weather conditions during your trip. Refunds will not be given due to weather conditions unless it is deemed unsafe to sail by the skipper and the tour is cancelled. All passengers should arrive in suitable attire, please keep in mind it is cooler out at sea.
- Tours are subject to weather conditions/sea state and Tobermory Bay Tours reserves the right to cancel at short notice, in which case a full refund will be given. In the event of such cancellation, we will fully refund any passenger whose tour is cancelled and the cost of the booking, but otherwise shall have no liability, including for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of the cancellation.
- Cancellations 7 days or more prior to your sailing will receive a full refund. Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to your sailing will not be entitled to a refund.
- You may change your tour date/time free of charge 48 hours prior to your original sailing, subject to availability. Please contact us.
- The route/passage is at the sole discretion of the skipper and may need to be altered due to weather, tides or other circumstances. The tour details provided are a guide only and may be subject to change.
- Please keep in mind when booking, we do not have disabled facilities. Please be aware there are 3 steep steps down on to the boat but we are here to help so please contact us prior to booking or come and see us to discuss how we can accommodate you.
- We reserve the right to refuse this service to any passenger who is under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, or anyone who is of a safety concern to themselves or others. If this service is refused on this basis no refund will be given.